Saturday, August 31, 2013

|Entertainment| – Jibola Dabo Attempted Suicide; How The Nollywood Actor Almost Killed Himself - 31st August 2013.


#What depression can cause..

Veteran Nollywood actor Jibola Dabo in this recent interview with Christian Agadibe revealed his past battle with depression that almost ended his life.

The grey-bearded actor who has over 30 years of acting experience revealed how he almost killed himself in his youth days.

Interview excerpt below;

Was there a time you were at the crossroads and contemplated suicide?

Yeah…I wanted to run in front of a car at a point. I was homeless; I had nowhere to sleep. There was no food and I couldn’t steal so I just got tired of everything so I closed my eyes and tried to jump in front of a car and the guy who was at the wheels spat on me and said, ‘oloshi!’

What were you doing during that particular time?

I was looking for a job. I dropped out of secondary school because things were not happening so I said ‘let this thing just go!’At the time I was stuck. I left my village after I finished secondary school and came to earn a living but things just weren’t working out. That was when I took the decision to end it all. Eventually, things picked up a bit for my mum and I went back home and finished secondary school and then I started the second phase of my suffering. But at that time, I had a focus; I knew that I was going to be okay.

Did you help your mum in hawking or anything?

Oh yeah I did a lot of it. I know you probably read this from the paper or the net. I hawked agidi and kerosene.

You talked about your late mother, what do you miss about her?

My mum and I were very close. We talked a lot. Among all her kids I was the closest to her; I was the one who always came and sat down with her and we talked. I miss that.

What was the best advice she gave to you?

She told me I was going to have a lot of women in my life like my father but she advised me never in my life should I come close to another man’s wife; I will not forget that advice.

Jibola Dabo is a polygamist and a popular Nollywood actor. He turned 69 last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment